Building Automation Systems (BAS)
A Building Automation System (BAS) is an intelligent system that automates the tasks required to operate HVAC, lighting, security, and other systems through a single platform.
Building Automation Systems provide convenient access to information on equipment performance and utility metering. With Direct Digital Control (DDC) and cloud computing, BAS can combine predictive technologies with customized facility preferences to proactively manage building infrastructure operations.
If done correctly, a building automation system will deliver greater energy efficiency, lower operating and maintenance costs, improve indoor air quality, and increase occupant and employee productivity.
Benefits for your business
- Lower energy costs: HVAC and electrical systems operate more efficiently, reducing energy consumption and utility bills.
- Improved facility diagnostics: BAS monitors equipment in real-time, detecting inefficiencies before they become problems.
- Lower maintenance costs: Predictive maintenance can reduce maintenance costs by 30%, eliminate up to 75% of equipment breakdowns, and reduce equipment downtime by as much as 45%.
- Improved employee well-being: BAS improves air quality, which reduces sick-time and boosts productivity.
Upgrade your Building Automation System without upfront capital investment
Why Centrica Business Solutions?
- Future-proofed solutions: We develop Building Automation Systems that are scalable for future projects and new technologies.
- System compatible: We use open controls that do not bind customers to a service contract, allowing integration with many different systems.
- Direct support: We put you in control of your building automation project with accessible project managers and direct access to our experts.