But we need to balance supply and demand of renewable energy
Bill Rees, Director of Centrica Energy Assets, discusses our commitment to invest in 900MW of solar and battery storage.
Lease your land for a solar farm or battery storage asset, and you'll gain long-term, stable income, while playing an important role in the UK's journey to net zero.
We’ve been helping businesses to reduce their carbon intensity for years. And we’re committed to playing a leading part in shaping a net zero future. That's why we're developing, building, managing, and optimising the large-scale, low-carbon energy assets that will enable the UK's energy transition.
By building a 900MW portfolio of solar and battery storage assets over the next five years, our investments will help to transform the UK’s energy landscape. It means we’ll be connecting some of the country’s biggest businesses to zero-carbon solar energy; while using battery storage to help the grid manage the challenges of moving towards intermittent renewable energy generation.
We've been pivotal in delivering major energy transformations for 200 years
We’ve been at the forefront of supporting individuals, communities, and businesses with their energy management needs for over 200 years. And during that time, we’ve been pivotal in delivering some of the major energy system transformations – from transitioning 14 million people from town gas to natural gas during the 1960s and 1970s, to driving the digitalisation of energy through the Smart Meter revolution. Tackling climate change now requires another fundamental shift in the energy system.
What's in it for landowners?
- Get a secure income from your land – You'll earn a market-based rate of revenue per acre of land, giving you predictable income for the long-term. Your land will continue to deliver financially, while also helping to shape the journey to net zero.
- We know how to get the most from your land – We've been developing these types of energy assets for our customers for years. So we’re experts in building a bespoke solution that delivers maximum value. Rest assured that your land will be fully supporting the UK’s transition to a low-carbon future.
- We’re a safe pair of hands – We have a 200-year history of investing in the UK’s energy infrastructure. You can trust that we know what we’re doing.
- We stick to the rules – We ensure our installations are safe, while enhancing the biodiversity of your land and making sure there’s zero environmental damage.
- We’ll keep things quick and simple – We have robust procedures, but we keep things streamlined so we can move quickly. We ask the right questions and keep our promises, to keep our projects on-track.
- Stewardship is a top priority – We know that it will be our duty to protect your land and ensure it’s always kept in good shape. We’ll be happy to take care of engagement with the local community, too.
- We’re future-focused - We’re constantly evaluating new technologies, so we’ll make sure your land continually delivers maximum value as the net zero journey evolves.
- It’s a long-term partnership – We’re a FTSE-250 listed business in a strong financial position, with a clear strategy to invest in energy assets over the long-term.