Utility Optimisation Platform
Leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) and demand side energy flexibility to create a Virtual Power Plant.
Global energy grids are in transition towards more sustainable, distributed energy systems, and large Energy Utilities face a range of challenges. But, new downstream activities such as Demand Side Response (DSR) and Demand Side Management (DSM) represent significant opportunities for growth. Our Utility Optimisation Platform, REstore FlexPond™ is a solution that empowers energy utilities to implement and grow new innovative downstream activities.
Centrica Business Solutions joins forces with Japan’s largest power company, TEPCO, to deliver industrial demand response capacity for the Japanese grid.
Benefits for your business
- Your own virtual power plant (VPP), formed by a portfolio of customers' energy flexibility.
- Create value for end-customers with Virtual Power Plant (VPP) capability.
- Better manage Balance Responsible Parties (BRP) portfolio with digital technology.
- Bid into reserve markets ranging from capacity markets to tertiary reserve to primary reserve.
Why Centrica Business Solutions?
- Tackle real-time imbalances; leverage aggregation with Demand Response capacity to meet commitments.
- Leverage flexibility across your portfolio with automated systems to deliver accurate, continuous and reliable power.
- Manage end-customer curtailment planning with transparent operational and industrial boundary conditions.
- Connect your VPP factories and buildings using IoT technology and know the flexible power available to you.